The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My brave kiddos




So....call me a crazy mom but, I can't stand when my kids are scared for no reason. I hate them having unfounded fears. I think this might go back to my own childhood and all but...I just can't stand it. Tonight, Brian wanted to see the bird that I have had for years. So, I put the cat in the bathroom (yeah I know...it's a freaking zoo over here) and got the bird out and of course....the kids come out and see what the noise is about. So, I ask if they want to hold the bird and of course....they are scared. So, I brib them...I say I will give you ten bucks a piece if you hold the bird. Well...Gabby is first and she just does it. Zander is a little scared but he does it pretty quickly. Christian is terrified and doesnt' want to do it. So we explain that that is fine but we don't want him coming out and whinning to us about it later. So...he comes out with a long sleeve shirt on and does it too.
This same thing is the reason that I want the kids to have swimming lessons. I am terrified of the water. I have been pulled out of the water twice and I am so scared to be in water any higher than my chest. I don't want that for my kiddos though. I just quitely panic inside and clap the whole time.
I think this is the best thing to do. I don't want to be like the Pink Floyd song. I think it's called Mother. "Mother will you put all your fears into me", I think that is how it goes. Any thoughts oh wise friends of mine. Oh yeah....hope you like the pics...they aren't the greatest but my baby is buying me a digital camera so pretty soon I will have much better pics to post.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

i think it's great. i know my fear of heights has worn off on the girls. but thankfully their dad isn't.

on our trip, we visited some lighthouses. there was one you could even go up to the top. joel took ains and val while merk and i waited at the bottom. i chickened out and made merk wait until joel came back down and took her. i went up 1.5 flights and saw that there were at least 6 or 7 more and just quit.

good for you for being so brave in the water! you are a better woman than i!

i don't know about you but i get bitchy when i get caught wussing out on something! let's just say the rest of the day wasn't pleasant!

go j! it's almost your birthday! go j! i love you!

 
At 1:48 AM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

I know how you feel too. I get scared about stupid stuff like bugs. I don't want that to rub off on my son, so I try to play it off like I am not scared. I just hold it all inside. So good for you for trying to make things better for your own kids. That is one of the greatest jobs as a parent, to make their lives better than our own. So if we can't give them everything, we can give them one less fear in the world.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Thanks for the positive thoughts girls. You know I love you both. I know this is going to make you mad but....I feel like I am getting terribly old. I love you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home