The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Absence




SO sorry all....I just don't even have a good excuse for being away so long. Everything is good here and I am gearing up for the kids to go back to school....mixture of happy and sad with that......and for my 28th B-day. Those of you who know me, know that I get a little upset around birthday time....since it gets closer and closer to thirty.
That might be what I had in mind when I got my tongue pierced. You know, metal contradicts age....or something like that. But, I finally did it. And I must say....it barely, barely hurt when he did it. Now, it's been aching and swollen off and on since but, I had just a great experience. I was so nervous and I know dreamboat and my tattoo guy was thinking I was going to freak out but....I was very brave.
So....you can expect me back into the groove of things....sorry if I worried any of you.

9 Comments:

At 8:56 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

congrats! i'm sorry it's hurting now but at least it didn't when you got it. maybe you'll inspire joel!

i just can't do that one. i don't know why.

i finally pierced my nose when i turned 30. i'll be 34 this year! eek! i think 36 will be very difficult.

glad you're back!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

It so doesn't hurt....you should do it...I know your nose hurt way more than my tongue...I promise. I was so worked up and it was like nothing....so, just curious....why do you want Joel to get his pierced? I missed you....how is every little thing.

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

So where did you go to have it done? I would like to know if I know the person who did it. Although it has been years since I knew most of the people in the piercing and tatoo industry there.

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger karrlot said...

Im interested to know how long it takes to heal.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

The guy that did it's name is Mike. He works at Pikes Peak Tattoo. He has also done all but one of my tattoos. I just love him. I think he is great.
As far as healing, it's already feeling just fine. It was swollen for a week or so and I ate a LOT of slurpees and ibuprofen but it's all good now. You aren't supposed to take out your barbell for awhile 1 to 3 months. they usually say 6 weeks. Pretty much just like getting your ears pierced.

 
At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll actually start enjoying the taste of Listerine after a few weeks. ...and just wait until the first time you bite down on that barbell while you're eating. OUCH!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Echo said...

It's funny, but when you turn 30 you start getting younger again, but nobody ever notices because they think they should be getting older. The truth is it's the turning point and you start feeling lighter and younger every day if you just let it happen instead of getting caught up in the myth of oldness.
P.S. contrats on the tongue thing. My neice just got the back of her neck pierced. Everyone thought it would be horrible and gross but actually its rather lovely.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

when are you going to post something new for crying out loud?!

 
At 1:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how is the tongue now? Have you had any problems?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home