The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Monday, July 17, 2006

back to it....

....already back to school. sigh. I need more time. You know....to do nothing like I have been doing for the last ten days. Shame on me huh?
I had my first serious computer class today and OMG, I am surrounded by GEEKS.
Don't get me wrong, I am a geek. I have spent a long time trying to hide it but I have decided to be proud of my inner-geekness.
But these are like hard-core, d and d playing, Heavy Metal watching, pocket protector-wearing, can speak of nothing that doesn't have a memory, a monitor and an enter key geeks.
Yikes I think. What the hell am I doing here anyway? I should be doing something cool and poetic. Running some book store or head shop or hippie club...or something. Why am I doing this? I don't even know what these freaks are saying half the time.
Why am I doing this? The most important thing in all American's life's.....money. Head shops and book stores and such don't pay very well. So I have, sadly, given up my "cool calling" for more money.
Dear God, please don't let me EVER spend my whole break time talking about the d and d chat room I was on all night because I have NO OTHER LIFE.
Sigh....to all of you that do such things...I am sorry but damn. I just don't want to be all that but you go ahead with your....dork self.
Question of the day?
Why is it that dreamboat and I posses a TON of music on our computer as well as CD's and the thing that he enjoys the most of all is the Asshole song by Dennis Leary?

9 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

That stuff is too funny. My husband is a true Geek. He is into D and D and everything. He plays at least once a week with that game and evey Friday with the same group of friends doing other games of the same kind. It is ridiculous. You would think people in their 30's and 40's would get sick of those games, but you would be wrong. My husband even goes to conventions and some have been out of state.

So don't feel bad that you are not into that stuff. I for one am happy that you aren't.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

yeah....not so worried about not being in to it....more worried about not fitting in with any of my peers in this field....but thanks for sharing about the hubby....gives me some insight into your life that I didn't already have

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

maybe with all the dough you make you can eventually have your own head shop on the side!

never lose your cool calling!

just be glad you have a life that is based in reality! as much as any of ours are!

i feel like a huge dork whenever i talk about this blog i read or something with real live people. i guess i'm not too differnt than the d and d crowd when it comes to that--except i keep my mouth shut for the most part, unless of course i'm meeting with fellow bloggers!

if i decide to go to a convention though, please slap me!

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger karrlot said...

OKAY!!!!

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Convention huh? Must you wear costumes for said convention?

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

I think we should. I would love to have a costume like my picture. But then it would be hard to stay anonymous without a mask or something.

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I was just worried it was a star trek convention or soemthing

 
At 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you just admit that money is important? - "The most important thing" - who is writing this blog. It certainly can't be the same person I had so many debates with on this exact subject. :)

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

OMG...I can't believe that you are watching my blog Devil Boy and have seen this post. Crap crap and double crap. You got me there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home