The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

When did that happen?

Sigh....my little girl....isn't a little girl. She is....a little woman. And it's frightening to me.
Yesterday....she was tiny. She needed me. The things she wanted were...ponies and barbies. Her face was chubbie and her little body had baby fat. Now....she doesn't need me for nearly as many things as I would like. She likes ponies and barbies but...the biggest things she got for her b-day are her ears pierced for the second time and a boom box to listen to music on.
Not kiddie music either. Not Bah Bah Black Sheep. As I stood tonight outside her door, she was listening to the Dixie Chicks....belting out the same lines that I belt out...the same way I belt them out. The Dixie Chicks....my music.
Don't get me wrong. It's cool that she knows it. I have tried...sometimes to no avail....to lightly, ever so gently, press my musical appreciation on to my children. I enjoy singing along to Brown Eyed Girl or Jaded with all the kids singing along as well. But...when did it happen that she is doing that alone? In her room, on the way to bed. I must have turned my head for a minute, probably to watch another kid for a sec....and she went and GREW UP.
And her face....another thing I noticed today. We won't even talk about all the teeth she is losing. But her face. So heart shaped and beautiful. Freckles across the bridge of her nose. She isn't a little kid anymore. She is like pre-pre-teen.
What do I have to look forward to next? Wonderful things I know...but also scary things....boyfriends and make-up and mean friends.....being embarrassed by me....GOD FORBID.
I have to watch out....I have to keep looking....if I turn my eyes away from these kids for a minute....the change and grow so much....I get shocked when I realize it. God...please help me to PAY ATTENTION. Don't let this time get away from me.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

she is a wonderful little girl! the pre-teen thing is very frightening--i totally agree, but don't worry, it can be lots of fun as well.

thanks to your cd (which i love! i cried all the way to denver!) the girls were singing blister in the sun for the rest of the week! it was especially funny since earlier in the week we'd heard a very bad version by a band (that's being nice, calling them a band) at soda springs park!

i don't know how but i think it's a firm possiblity that we will be back for good by fall of 07. i haven't a clue what will be going on but this trip was especially hard to come back.

it was great to see you and the kiddos!

love you!

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

It was hard for me to let you go this trip.....hard to let the girls go.....I was just so moved by how well all of our kids got along......I want them to have that more and more.
As far as the CD....I burnt one myself and I too cry when I listen to it. You mean a LOT to me and you need to remember that.
Fall 07? RIght on Right on. I vote for Fall 06 but 07 works.
I love you
J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home