The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Duck Man....

.....got to love Duckie....you know, from Pretty in Pink. If you have not seen this flic or it has been along time...watch it again. He's great. I know, sure as heck, that I would have choosen him over BLAINE. That isn't even a name. I love everything about him. The outfit....the quick comments "Do I offend?" and especially his undying love for Andy.
Do I do that? Treat the one that loves me more than anything else, like second string to others. I don't mean other men....just other....stuff. Do I act like dreamboat is an inconvienence like Andy does to Duckie? It's very possible. It isn't how I feel. Not even close. Dear God....what would I do without that man. I can't even fathom.
But watching her and getting angry at her for the things she says about Duckie "Ever have one of these?" she asks Annie Potts' character. I realize, I do that with Brian. Andy loves him....I love dreamboat...but I take his differences and treat them like a pain when they are truly just...the things that make him him.
Anyway...weird. I wasn't going anywhere close to this when I started typing. Guess I had to get that off my chest. The thing I wanted to chat about is.....my kids love Duckie....especially the scene where he lip syncs Otis Retting's Try a little tenderness.....when he is dancing around all crazy.
So, close to the end, Duckie does the classic pelvis thrust...which gets my kids into a gaggle of giggles and then my daughter says....look at Christian mom....he can wiggle his wee wee too.
Sure as heck, I look over and my 7 year old son is doing a very good impression of Duckie/Elvis/Billy Idol...which ever you choose and I....just look. What do you say. Don't do that. Doesn't make sense but....dont' do that....go back and play with your Ninja Turtles.
I don't say that....but I want to. I am very much like Marlan from Finding Nemo. Have to let go eventually Jess....they go one way or the other.
Anyway...even with the trama of him "shaking his money maker"....he was pretty cute. I hope I can etch that into my mind along with all his other cute stuff and remember it when the house is empty and clean and the kids have kids of their own.
TTFN

9 Comments:

At 11:53 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

I totally agree with you. I LOVE Duckie. I dated a couple of people like him in highschool and I love the actor that played him. That is also my favorie scene where he is in the record store and lip syncing. It is awesome. As far as your kid dancing, hey it is a good way to have fun, no matter how old you are.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Well your hipchick link works just fine, so I am not sure what happened. I will try to help you fix it.

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

By the way, you must get bored easily or something, isn't this the 3 or 4th background for your website. Have you not found the right one yet?

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Yeah...I do that....I just can't seem to help myself. Plus, this last one, I was thinking that maybe if I changed the template, the links would show. thanks again for helping me out

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Changing your template has nothing to do with the links. It is held in the same place with all of the html, but each line in it means something different.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Trouble shooting darlin'!!!

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

not entirely blue. some of the templates make it easier to find the specific areas in which to link, at least that has been my experience. there was one i had i could never find the script i was looking for to change the links.

good luck. you can get a hmtl book for dummies kind of thing at the library and then it's fun to switch things up a bit.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

taking two computer courses this quarter....hopefully one of them will be helpful

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Actually I hope this helps you out. The problem was in the email. When I was checking over the replies, it kept deleting and then placing some of the text in the wrong place, so of course you weren't able to copy and paste to make it show up in your blog. But I put the links in. I also added Google news as a template for you to put future links in. Just type everything basically the same, then add the web address, then choose a name and type that in then add the rest of the html. If that doesn't work let me know.

I just had to fool around with mine a bit to figure it out, but you had either deleted your "edit me" lines or they weren't in the new templates for your background.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home