The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

what would I do if I wasn't afriad.....

....that is a question that I ask myself often. As cheesy as this is too admit, fear is my main problem. I read this book when I was being laid off called Who moved my Cheese. Kind of lame but the part about being scared affected me.
I say all of this to explain my thoughts and actions this morning. I finally laid down at like midnight and I fell asleep for an hour. I dreamt, sadly, about painting. So, I got up (no kids around, they are at their dads AGAIN) and came in the kitchen to paint. While I was doing that I was thinking things over. I can't tell you how long I have wanted to paint shelves how I am. Why haven't I done that before?
FEAR....that someone will think they are ugly. That someone will yell at me(you know who I mean). That I will mess up and they will look stupid. Stuff like that.
Then I was thinking, when did I become, unfearful?
The only thing that I can add up is Brian. About the time we got together and I started realizing that he loves me just the way I am....geek, cry baby, naggy at time....all those kind of icky things.....that I started doing things I like. And being confident in them.
So, even while he is gone, he has taught me something more. Love gives you...wings? confidence? something like that....have a good day all....its beautiful here. Hope it is wherever you are too
j

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Blogger Echo said...

Hi nap lady!
I love that unafraid and in love feeling. Hang on to it as long as possible and then when you are aftaid, you can call back the feeling just to get past and then well so on and so forth.

My main blog is at elvasworld.blogspot.com
I'm not sure if you are having trouble seeing it what is up with that. But you can reach me at elvasworld@hotmail.com if you want to. Tell me why you can't read my blog or reply to it.
thanks

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I just posted there.
I am trying to hold on to that feeling. I am 27 and I know that sometimes that feeling gives you rose-colored glasses...so I am being careful but....it's kind of like playing that game we did when we were kids. Where you have someone stand behind you and you just fall back....as relaxed as can be....so far, dream boat has caught me everytime....which I think is a great sign.

 
At 4:58 AM , Blogger karrlot said...

The best part is that, if its right, you're going to wake up someday and realize the glasses you've been wearing are NOT rose colored.

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

yeah...I am pretty sure they aren't. Just have to be catious and all

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home