The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

whats that noise?

it's nothing....no kids at home....no dreamboat at home. sigh. you would think I would be happier about this. but no....I am actually kind of lonely. I had this awful headache earlier so they went to see their dad...and his new girl (who I think is wonderful) and now my head is better but I am feeling awfully lonely. How many times do I tell my friends and stuff that I just want time to myself. Well....here it is and alas...I don't want it. All my friends in town are spending time with their men...which is also WAY depressing given that mine is.....unavailable right now.
My friend Crystal posted today wondering why people renew their wedding vows and I responded that I think it's because we all get divorced so often in this country now....it seems like a freaking miracle if anyone makes it to twn or twenty years. I come from a family where, usually, marriage is forever. My grandparents have been married for some 60 years. My aunt and uncle....they live in New York...have to have been married around thirty years and even my other aunt and uncle....they live in Denver....after she was divorced once already, have been together for something like 13 or so years. In fact my grandfather, who hung the moon as far as I am concerned, loves my grandmother so much that you could make a movie out of their love. My grandmother has Alzhiemers (again...I can't spell for crap so please bare with me) and is....difficult to deal with. Awhile back, my grandfather was shoveling snow in their huge driveway and slipt and broke his hip. In the ambulance my grandfather turns to the EMT and says....please don't let me die, I have to take care of my wife. If that isn't love...I don't know what the hell is. I hope that when I am old and frail and everything is falling apart, that I have someone who loves me that much.
question of the day
Why is it that you feel more sick when you are all alone?

4 Comments:

At 10:44 PM , Blogger revhipchick said...

your grandfather sounds wonderful. i hope we love each other like then when we are old and grey as well.

joel's sister sarah and i laugh at the little old man in moonstruch who goes on and on aobut the moon and how young his wife looks in the moonlight--something about him is just like joel. i've seen that sweetness in joel since the first time we dated.

on a funny note. we were talking aobut how we got together at nita's wedding, while you were babysitting.:) and how i was thinking of hitting on joel's cousin and he was thinking about hitting on you if getting me snockered didn't work out! how funny is that? of course i then accused him of being a cradle robber!

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger revhipchick said...

ps...glad you like the new girl!

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

If I remember right...I thought about hitting on Joel but didn't say anything until the next day....and it was oh too late...remember? the new girl? do you mean blue?

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Oh...I get it now....you aren't talking about Blue....that just didn't make sense....you are talking about Nate's new girl. Oh yeah....it's easy to get along with her. I was talking to them both the other day and I told them....I like you (to Mel)....You, I am not sure about (to Nate). She is great and I am glad she is in the kids lifes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home