The End of My Rope

Here is my space to vent about all my daily drama. This is all about my five kids, my divorce experiences, my dream boat boyfriend, my experiences with school and all the things that happen in my day-to-day life. Well...I thought it was boring but....your reading it now right....must be appealing to you :)

Friday, June 23, 2006

music.....

....so I have said it before....but I want to share again. Music makes me feel better. I have the following on a list that I ahve been playing over and over again.
Smile.....Pearl Jam
Where'd you go.....Fort Minor
Monkey.....Counting Crows
Gone going.....Blacked Eyed Peas
That I would be good.....Alanis
Tomorrow Wendy......Concreate Blonde
Seven Nation Army.......White Stripes
Goodnight Elizabeth.....Counting Crows
Gold Digger....Kayna West(I think that's his name)
Don't Lie.......Black Eyed Peas
When you were mine.....Cyndy Lauper
7.......Prince
Thank you......Alanis
My Style......Black Eyed Peas
Joey........Concreate Blonde
Recovering the Satallites.......Counting Crows.
Stay, I missed you......Lisa Loeb
Set Adrift on Memory Bliss.......PM Dawn
Underneth your clothes......Shakira(I don't know if that is how you spell that either)
Seelah......Lauryn Hill
Brown eyed girl.......Van Morrison
Friend of the Devil.........Grateful Dead
Shut up.......Black Eyed Peas
When your good to mamma......Queen Latifa
Our house.......Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Teach Your Children......Crosby, Stills and Nash (I always have to play these two back to back.....kind of like how they play we will rock you and we are the champions)
Lulu Revenue Dans La Village.....Anne Savoy
Get Back.......Ludacris
Sandlewood....Lisa Leob
Clarity.......John Mayer
So...what is it about these particular songs that soothes me....they don't have much in common. In fact....the list is fairly eclectic. But.....when the last note of John Mayer plays....I feel better.
I am actually pretty proud of myself. I am a really well rounded person. That is something I have always wanted to be. So....just making this list has cheered me up. Have a good day all and tell me what you think of my weird ass list.
Jessica

6 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger revhipchick said...

7 nation army is the one song i can no longer stand to listen to by the white stripes. i LOVE them, but around these parts it tends to be the only song that got much radio play. have you heard "get behind thee satan" my favorites from that album is in love with a ghost...damn, they're all awesome!

it was a huge bummer-- afew years back i went to see them and had diarhia the whole freaking show. freaking pathetic it was! yuck!

i like your list--there's some i don't know.

it's finally happened. i've become one of those old people who pretty much listen to "their" music (which tends to be from their prime) and know none of the new stuff. i hope that when merk is a little older i'll hear more.

i can't stand the teeenybopper stations but that gold digger song by kayne west is great. i love it! the black eyed peas are bitchin too. i've been thinking i need to just buy one of thier albums.

suprised to not see sarah mclaughlin or tori amos or tracy chapman or indigo girls or sting or red hot chili peppers

damn, we are definately blessed with lots of great music!

great idea--you could make your own meme, like a Songs to listen to when you are:
pissed; in love; sad, etc. that kind of thing.

miss you!

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I am planning on doing just that....but I just found out that my cd burner is not installed at all....grrr....that makes me mad. So I just have lists on my computer for now.
I actually don't know anything else by white stripes....Brian loves them. And that is the only song that I have ever heard. Remember when we went to Lisa and I had those fever blisters ALL over the inside of my mouth. Stupid Heidi and Jeff.
I love the Peas....when my cd burner is up I could burn both of them for you or just the really good stuff.
I think the reason you don't see any of the others is....my favorites of their songs all make me cry. And right now...that is bad bad news. I can't deal with that. I have to be strong for all my kiddos.
That is just my guess....I didn't put that much thought to it actually.
So...does the getting old thing just progress or do you wake up one morning and go......damn, I am old.
I sure do love you and miss you. Didn't see anything in the mail....just thought I would tell you
J

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Echo said...

Wow, can I take a nap too?

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

echo...sure you can....unless your life is like mine and your kids get into everything when you are resting.

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger revhipchick said...

j i'm sorry those songs make you sad. i was late putting your suprise in the mail but it is finally coming. give it another week and then let me know if it doesn't come.

oh, i can burn you the white stripes--they are fantastic! love them! love them! they are working on becoming an all-time fav right up there with sarah, indigo girls, tracy chapman, etc. seriously awesome!

i should be working instead of reading blogs. better run for now! love you!

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

whats so funny is....I love this don't know what to do song you sent me all the way back from My Best Friends Wedding. I can't belive they covered this. So...just curious....your present your sending me isn't you guys is it? Since you said you were coming out....I am just curious.....not that that would be a bad surprise because I am so freaking excited I can't hardly stand it. I hope you have time to see us. And Brian is off of release that day so he should be able to see ya'll too....I just can't wait and thanks for the songs...I think they are great
love
j

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home